- Rio Viento is the place to enjoy your windsurfing vacation. Grassy rigging areas, private launches and all the comforts of your travel trailer or motorhome. Full RV hookups and clean restrooms with hot showers are provided.
- Sherman Island is famous for its warm air and fresh water sailing. Tidal surges create a variety of sailing conditions. Flood tides offer fast, flat water sailing while ebb tides offer great bump and jump sailing. The Play Pen, located in the Sacramento County Park one mile to the west, offers beginners a nice sandy launch and shallow water protected from the main channel current.
- Many of our Seasonal guests are windsurfers and/or kiteboarders.
- Launch your kayak or SUP right from Rio Viento, but watch the current! Some choose to drive one mile to the Sacramento County Park to find less demanding conditions.
- Many kiteboarders choose to take advantage of our amenities, while driving about a mile to launches at the Sacramento County Park or Little Baja. PWC assisted lessons are available from Edge Kiteboarding and Ki'topia. Due to the proximity of the road and the presence of other guests, we cannot allow launching or landing of kites at Rio Viento.